ARCHIVE: Entry Level Stewardship Handbook 2005 (PB10355)

7.6    What if I disagree with any Defra decision or proposed action regarding my application or subsequent agreement?

If you are unhappy with any aspect of the way your application or agreement has been dealt with, you should write to the Business and Delivery Centre Manager at your RDS office who will ensure that your case is properly investigated and advise you of the procedure to be followed. In the event of a dispute, initially your case will be dealt with informally by RDS advisers. Where informal discussions fail to resolve the dispute, you will be sent a written explanation of our concerns, explaining the action, if any, we propose to take.

If you are still dissatisfied with the decisions that have been taken by RDS officials following reasonable attempts to informally resolve the dispute, you can ask to have your case referred to a RDS officer who has not been involved with your agreement. This officer will consider any points that you have raised and report to the Secretary of State with their view on the step or steps proposed to be taken to resolve the dispute.

Where you remain dissatisfied with the decision of the Secretary of State you have the option to have the matter referred to one or more independent persons, nominated by the Secretary of State, for further consideration.

Further details of the internal complaint procedure which will be followed in the event of a dispute are available from your RDS office, or via the internet at

ADLib logo Content provided by the Agricultural Document Library
© University of Hertfordshire, 2011