ARCHIVE: Entry Level Stewardship Handbook 2005 (PB10355)

6.2    What if I let, sell or transfer my land?

Please notify your RDS office as early as possible in advance of any change in occupancy or ownership (including by sale, transfer, inheritance or lease) of any part of your land. Your RDS office will send you a form (ERDP/LTA1) to amend your agreement to reflect the changes made.

You should tell the new occupier about the agreement before transfer. It is in your interest to encourage the new occupier to take on any commitment relating to the transferred land, in order to ensure continuity of environmental management. If they do not agree to do this, you (not the new occupier) will be in breach of your agreement and you are likely to have to repay the grant you have received.

ADLib logo Content provided by the Agricultural Document Library
© University of Hertfordshire, 2011