Farmers Lung (HSE AS5)

The need for health checks

If you have a chest illness and have been working with dusty material, tell your doctor about the job you do. You may need to take a test, such as a blood test, chest x-ray or lung function test. If you have access to an occupational health service you may be able to have regular health checks.

If you have had an attack of farmer's lung, mushroom worker's lung or occupational asthma do not breathe in the dust again - avoid it or protect yourself. Repeated exposure can lead to chronic disabling illness.

ADLib logo Content provided by the Agricultural Document Library
© University of Hertfordshire, 2011