ARCHIVE: Nitrate Vulnerable Zones (NVZs) - Guidance for Farmers. The N max limit (Leaflet 7 - PB12736g)

3. Record Keeping

The Environment Agency will check your compliance with the N max limit by inspecting your field records and checking that the average nitrogen application rate made to a particular crop type is less the N max limit for that crop type.

The Regulations require that you keep the following records:

For each crop in each field, YOU MUST record:

  • details of the actual applications of organic manure and manufactured nitrogen fertiliser; and
  • details of the crop grown.

Note – A full description of the required records is provided in Annex 1 of Leaflet 6.

It is recommended that you keep a record of your calculation of your compliance with the N max limit. The step-by-step guide at the back of this Leaflet (Annex 1) can be used to keep a record of your calculation and the Environment Agency will accept this as a valid record of your calculations.

ADLib logo Content provided by the Agricultural Document Library
© University of Hertfordshire, 2011