Pigs: A Guide for New Owners

Before Moving a Pig to your Holding:

  • You need a County Parish Holding number (CPH) for the land where the pigs will be kept
  • The CPH is a 9 digit number
  • The first 2 digits relate to the county your pigs are kept in, the next 3 digits relate to the parish and the last 4 digits are a unique number to the keeper. For example, 12/345/6789
  • To apply for a CPH you need to contact your Rural Development Service office (RDS) please see annex 1
  • You will be sent an application form
  • Complete the application form and return to your RDS office
  • You will then receive a letter informing you of your CPH number
ADLib logo Content provided by the Agricultural Document Library
© University of Hertfordshire, 2011